Do you move food products such as lasagne or pork pies between GB and NI? Since 21 April, movement of these ‘composite food products’ has been subject to new rules.
From 21 April you now need either:
- An export health certificate (EHC) when exporting or moving composite food products that:
- contain any processed meat
- are chilled or frozen
- Your EU or NI import agent will need to complete a private attestation for composite food products that:
- are shelf-stable (not chilled or frozen)
- only contain milk, egg or fish products
- meet EU production or processing requirements
‘Authorised Traders’ and movement of composite products
Businesses on the Authorised Trader list moving composite products from GB to NI will not be required to complete composite EHCs or private attestations until the relevant phase of compliance comes into effect after 1 October 2021.
In the meantime, STAMNI (Scheme for Temporary Agri-food Movements to Northern Ireland) declarations will meet the requirements for movement of composites.