We’d like to make you aware, in advance, of expected changes to TSS and the Northern Ireland Customs & Trade Academy (NICTA) website in June.
Some changes will require a short downtime, which is currently planned for Sunday 19 June 2022 between 17.00 and 22.00. This outage is subject to change, and we will reconfirm the outage window one to two weeks beforehand.
Changes will include:
- Service enhancements to make the TSS portal easier to use, based on your feedback
- Improvements to the user experience for maritime goods movements, including introducing the ability to request amalgamations for maritime movements into inventory linked ports directly in the portal
- TSS will soon start automatically generating a Final Supplementary Declaration on your behalf (which is part of the Customs Declaration requirement for movements into Northern Ireland) and sending this to HMRC each month. The Final Supplementary Declaration details the number of Supplementary Declarations you have submitted and finalised for a reporting period (i.e., arrivals with Tax point date in the previous calendar month) compared to the Supplementary Declarations due. No action is required from you other than the submission of your Supplementary Declarations as per usual, as TSS will manage the submission process on your behalf. For more information about Final Supplementary Declarations, see GOV.UK
- To support this process, from the 19 June the deadline for submitting Supplementary Declarations will change and they will need to be submitted by 9pm on the fourth working day of the month following the goods movement
- New and updated guides on NICTA, including a new guide on document codes
- A restructuring of the NICTA website, to make it more intuitive and easier to navigate
- A Trader Journey Assistant to point you towards relevant guidance and declarations