To find out more information about the rules and processes for moving live animals from GB into NI, please watch this free webinar featuring both TSS and HMRC experts.

The one-hour webinar:

  • reviews the current sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) requirements for live animal movements, as set by DEFRA for the whole UK and DAERA in NI
  • demonstrates how to raise a Common Health Entry Document (CHED) form and obtain an Export Health Certificate (EHC)
  • shows you how to interact with all the necessary government systems including TSS, CDS and TRACES NT
  • describes a typical live animal movement from GB into NI in detail, using live horses as an example

In the meantime, here’s a short checklist for moving live animals:

  • Register on TRACES
  • Raise a CHED Part A
  • Arrange a veterinary inspection to obtain your export health certificate (EHC)
  • Update your CHED form and receive a CHED reference
  • Raise your ENS Safety & Security declaration and simplified frontier declaration, including information from your EHC and CHED and attaching these to the declaration
  • Route to a border control post (BCP) in NI for a physical inspection
  • Finish your supplementary declaration on TSS after the movement is complete