From late February 2022, you will be able to use the special procedures below if using either the simplified declaration process or full frontier declarations. The simplified process is where you submit a reduced data set when the goods leave Great Britain (via a simplified frontier declaration) before providing the remaining information via a supplementary declaration by the fourth working day of the month following the goods movement.
NOTE: if you don’t use special procedures, you will be able to continue with goods movements and declarations exactly as you do now.
How can you prepare to use this new functionality?
To prepare to use special procedures on the simplified journey, you need to:
- Apply for an NI authorised CFSP, if you don’t already have one
- You can apply on GOV.UK. Please allow sufficient time for your application to be processed.
- Make sure you have your NI customs freight simplified procedures (CFSP) authorisation logged on your TSS account before approx. 20 February 2022
Here is a list of special procedures you will be able to use on the simplified journey:
- Release to special procedure for storage for declaration for customs warehousing (Procedure Codes 71XX, XX71)
- Release to special procedure for specific use for declaration for temporary admission (Procedure Codes 53XX, XX53)
- Release to special procedure for processing for declaration for inward processing (Procedure Codes 51XX, XX51)
- Release to free circulation with duty relief granted under the End Use Special Procedure (Procedure Codes 44XX)
- Entry into another procedure following Outward Processing (Procedure Codes XX21, XX22)