Do you struggle to find time to submit your Supplementary Declarations? Would you like expert help? With the Assisted Completion Service, a TSS agent can do it for you!
To sign up, just click the Assisted Completion button at the top of the screen when looking at your Supplementary Declaration on the TSS Portal.
What is the service?
With the Assisted Completion Service, a TSS agent will complete up to five Supplementary Declarations a month on your behalf for goods movements from Great Britain (GB) to Northern Ireland (NI). This includes submitting all the data and helping resolve any errors. For more information, read the quick start guide, or have a look at a detailed overview of the service here.
What are the benefits of this service?
A dedicated TSS agent will help you by:
- Organising and validating data required
- Completing all data entry for the Supplementary Declaration on the TSS Portal
- Identifying the cause and resolving any errors
The service can be especially valuable if you:
- Only make a small number of movements a month; the service can help support with all (or almost all) of your Supplementary Declarations
- Want help with technically complex Supplementary Declarations (e.g., declarations with many goods items or movements of controlled goods)
- Are new to TSS and unfamiliar with the declaration requirements or terms
Traders already using the service describe it as “Hassle Free”, “Quick”, “Straight Forward”, and “Very Helpful”.
How can I take advantage of the service?
You can ask for support from the Assisted Completion Service directly on the TSS Portal by selecting the Assisted Completion button at the top of your Supplementary Declaration (see the image below).
You can also call the TSS Contact Centre on 0800 060 8888 for support or to request the Assisted Completion Service.
Once confirmed, a TSS agent will be in touch to request the information required, which can usually all be found on your Commercial Invoice and the Packing Slip for your goods (see image below). If you do not have these documents, just ask your supplier for a copy.
See below for an illustration of the end-to-end Assisted Completion Service journey.
See below for an example of where goods movement data can be located on a Commercial Invoice and Packing List.
Who can use the service?
The Assisted Completion service is available to all traders using TSS from 20 June 2022, with a few requirements:
- Traders can take advantage of the service to support with the completion of up to 5 Supplementary Declarations per month
- Supplementary Declarations with a Tax Point Date over 330 days old are not supported
- Not available for traders who are already using an agent or intermediary on TSS Supplementary Declarations
- Traders must accept the TSS or Assisted Completion terms and conditions
Please note, the standard deadline for submitting Supplementary Declarations still applies for declarations completed using this new service.