This page hosts information relating to recent updates and changes to the Trader Support Service (TSS) Portal, policy around movements into and out of Northern Ireland, and the NICTA website and guidance.
If you require further information or support on any changes, please consult the TSS Contact Centre for support on 0800 060 8888.
- Submission deadline for Supplementary Declarations has changed to 9pm on the fourth working day of the month following the goods movement. This is 3 hours earlier than the previous cut-off of midnight.
- Introduction of automated generation of Final Supplementary Declaration for goods movements on the TSS simplified journey
- Service enhancements for increased support for error resolution, including improved information in the emails you receive about errors on your declarations, and pop-ups when you leave key fields blank
- Introduction of increased support and automation for the amalgamation of multiple inventory claims for maritime movements into inventory-linked ports in Northern Ireland
- New Document Code guide
- New Assisted Completion Service guide
- Launch of a trader journey assistant tool to point you towards relevant guidance an declarations
- Restructuring of the NICTA website, informed by your feedback, to make it more intuitive and easier to navigate
- Launch of feedback capturing mechanism on NICTA website
- Added requirement for the Importer to be registered on TSS and have a valid Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number in order to enable the automatic creation of a Simplified Frontier Declaration from an Entry Summary Declaration submitted by a haulier in TSS. If the Importer is not registered on TSS, the haulier can only create a standalone Entry Summary Declaration in TSS
- New guide on How to Use TSS Portal added
- New guide on submitting Supplementary Declarations using Valuation Methods 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6
- New checklist on Oral Declarations
- Search functionality improved on NICTA
- Special procedures and relief options available on the TSS simplified journey and Supplementary Declarations
- Agents and Intermediaries able to use their own Duty Deferment Account for payments on Full Frontier Declarations
- Validation of data requirements for controlled goods at the item level introduced on Entry Summary Declarations
- 2022 harmonized system for commodity codes introduced
- New additional procedure code introduced for grouping commodity codes on Supplementary Declarations made after January 2022
- New methods of payments introduced for Agents and Intermediaries
- Introduction ability to claim Customs Duty waivers for goods imported from Rest of World excluding the European Union using a Full Frontier Declaration